Friday, April 18, 2008

New job!


Ok, since there was so much drama, I should probably tell you a little bit about my new job! You can tell (since I'm not posting multiple times every day) that it's keeping me very busy. There's hardly any downtime at all! The company is called Keystone Pest Control. Same sort of thing that BYU students tend to do for the summers, except I am in the office. I do a lot of things! Anything from handling all the commercial accounts, doing collection calls for accounts that are overdue, helping out all the technicians that are doing their routes all day, and according to my superiors, the most important job I do is scheduling callbacks. This company has an awesome customer service policy where if they need extra pest control, they get free callbacks. So those are all the people I'm dealing with. Fitting them into the regular schedule, etc. As the summer comes closer and it's getting hotter, it's gonna get fairly busy I think, but I'm really enjoying it and I really enjoy everyone I work with. I'm the only girl in the company right now, but that means I rule the roost, right? Just like at home. Haha. Anyway, I'm really excited for this opportunity and am planning on staying here long term. No more changes for me! The funniest part is that today I went out with one of the technicians to see how it all works on that side of things. I chickened out and didn't go see any dead roaches in someone's sick house...instead I sat in the truck and watched some cute squirrels play with each other! Haha. Anyway...yeah! I have a lesson to prepare for Sunday, so off I go!

3 comments:

Greg and Mel said...

We own a pest control company and I am the office manager/scheduler, so if you ever have any questions let me know, That is VERY exciting and I hope it goes well for you! Congrats and enjoy!

meggan said...

yay, I finally got blog access! :)

The Mercer Family said...

That's so awesome. My friend's hubby was a manager for a company- so she did the same thing that you are diong and worked in the office. She absolutely loved it! I'm glad you found a job that keeps you busy, one that you like and one where you can watch cute squirrels! lol :)) Gratz!