It’s a tough lesson to learn, but when you use a company’s’ computer to do personal stuff, the said company doesn’t like it very much.
They especially don’t like it when you bad mouth the company on a personal site on company time. It just doesn’t look good for anyone.
All big corporations have a way to track computer usage and internet sites. Once you establish a pattern it is easy to monitor.
My company has to use a key word programs on all incoming and outgoing emails. This is a SEC and NASD or Federal law/rule. They also monitor blogs, bulletin boards and IM. Mostly looking for violations in communications with the public trying to influence/ manipulate for (good or bad).
For us in the Securities Industries we have to sign paper work that forbids use from doing any type of manipulative practices on our personal computers unrelated to work. Big Brother is watching…
On a side note, your dad just called here at work. I spoke to Grandma (Kitty) Howard to wish her a Happy Birthday… She is 91 years young yesterday. She is only 50 years and 2 days older then me… Wow.
That sucks...sorry. I'm curious to know the details cause my husband got a little slap on the wrist for something he wrote about his work on his blog when he first started.
Oh my gosh! I am too curious to know what happens, and I think its rude of them to fire you for expressing your feelings. Heard of free speech! Its not like you said I work for this and this company and they all suck! I'm so sorry! I know what its like to be fired for stupid reasons :(
Oh no, so sorry! It sucks to get fired, even if you don't like where you work. I got fired from Abercrombie (loooong time ago), lol. I hated it there, but was still so mad when they fired me.
Sorry about the sad news. Do you think you'll get a new one soon? Working is overrated anyway, right? Sometimes I wouldn't mind if I got fired from mine...maybe.
I still want to read your blog when you go private! megan.kawasaki@gmail.com is my email address.
Ogg and I moved to Atlanta, Georgia for his job (a Territory Merchandising Director) 4 years ago and are loving it. We have been married six years and welcomed our first baby boy on June 30, 2009! We miss our family and friends and hope this makes everyone feel a little closer to us! Happy blogging!
9 comments:
Live and Learn,
It’s a tough lesson to learn, but when you use a company’s’ computer to do personal stuff, the said company doesn’t like it very much.
They especially don’t like it when you bad mouth the company on a personal site on company time. It just doesn’t look good for anyone.
All big corporations have a way to track computer usage and internet sites. Once you establish a pattern it is easy to monitor.
My company has to use a key word programs on all incoming and outgoing emails. This is a SEC and NASD or Federal law/rule. They also monitor blogs, bulletin boards and IM. Mostly looking for violations in communications with the public trying to influence/ manipulate for (good or bad).
For us in the Securities Industries we have to sign paper work that forbids use from doing any type of manipulative practices on our personal computers unrelated to work. Big Brother is watching…
On a side note, your dad just called here at work. I spoke to Grandma (Kitty) Howard to wish her a Happy Birthday… She is 91 years young yesterday. She is only 50 years and 2 days older then me… Wow.
Cheers,
Yer cuz
That sucks...sorry. I'm curious to know the details cause my husband got a little slap on the wrist for something he wrote about his work on his blog when he first started.
my email is mikel.blake@gmail.com
Oh my gosh! I am too curious to know what happens, and I think its rude of them to fire you for expressing your feelings. Heard of free speech! Its not like you said I work for this and this company and they all suck! I'm so sorry! I know what its like to be fired for stupid reasons :(
WHAT! Are you doing ok? I'm so sorry!
That is crazy. You'll have to let us know what happened! I hope you're doing okay. And...don't forget to invite us to your private blog.
I'm so sorry, Shannon! Your blog is so fun to read, I can't believe it'd cause so much trouble in your life.
Oh no, so sorry! It sucks to get fired, even if you don't like where you work. I got fired from Abercrombie (loooong time ago), lol. I hated it there, but was still so mad when they fired me.
Sorry about the sad news. Do you think you'll get a new one soon? Working is overrated anyway, right? Sometimes I wouldn't mind if I got fired from mine...maybe.
I still want to read your blog when you go private! megan.kawasaki@gmail.com is my email address.
If you are going to get fired, you might as well go out with a bang.
Some people get fired for being lazy or for being late all the time. I say get fired for trash talking. It is so much more dramatic.
Post a Comment