Do you want to know what really bothers me?
People who are faux-polite.
Yes, I said faux-polite. What I mean by that...every day I sit here in the front of the office, greeting and good-byeing people. I'm not the kind of person who asks "How are you?" unless I mean it. Because I DO care about people, and I geniunely hope people are doing well. But I have refrained from doing so, most of the time, here because people are fake!
Okay, I don't mind it so much when I'm doing the asking. It bugs me when they ask.
Why?
Because they ask me as they're whizzing by my desk. They can't even get the whole question out, they're walking so fast! It's like this:
*I buzz them in ever so graciously
*We both smile at each other
*They get closer to my desk...closer...closer...and ask...
"Hey, how are....(mumble mumble mumble)"
So, obviously they don't really care to know how I'm doing! So my question is, WHY do they even bother? Why waste your breath? Why can't you simply say "Good morning!" and be done with it! So stop pretending to be polite, people. It's fake and I can see right through you.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
What bugs
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
7:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I totally agree! When I ask someone that it's because I really want to know. Unfortunately some people were raised to think that "How are you?" is a greeting, not a question....
You funny, funny girl. I like you.
I certainly agree little miss. And I know...funny that your mom's on my blog! I love your mom, she's such a sweetheart! Anyway, wish you could've been there too it was fun. I really do, sincerely hope you're doing well our there :)
Post a Comment